Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Go back where you came from.

Reading: Genesis 15-17 and Acts 5

 

Scripture: Genesis 16:8-9 And he said, “Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from and where are you going?” She said, “I am fleeing from my mistress Sarai.” The angel of the Lord said to her, “Return to your mistress and submit to her.”

 

Thoughts: I know that there have been many times when I have prayed to have a trial removed from myself and others. None of us want to go through trials, which is why when reading this portion of Hagar’s experience I was drawn to the fact that God said to go back and submit. As a man, I will never understand the experience of being the other woman, pregnant, and a servant yet I can understand being told to go back to a situation. Being sent back was not about punishment, but about growth and God wanting to bless us. We need to not be discouraged because God didn’t take pain or trial away but learn to worship in the storms of life and trust that He will bless us on the other side.

 

Prayer: Lord God, you know the hairs on my head, you call me by name to your side. I thank you for the strength to overcome the trials and tribulations in my life. I thank you for the refining and molding you do through the trial. I ask that you give me wisdom and strength to overcome all the obstacles. I ask you to take the anger and roughness from me and place in me a heart of love and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment