Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Who, What, Why, and How

Reading: Job 7-8 and John 9

Scripture: John 9:9-10, Some said, “It is he.” Others said, “No, but he is like him.” He kept saying, “I am the man.” So they said to him, “Then how were your eyes opened?”

 

Thoughts: Here in the information age, we are regularly looking for the hows and whys of the world around us. After seeing this man, who they knew as a blind man now seeing, they started seeking how this was done. Some even questioned if he was the same man. I know that I can get too caught up in the who and how of a situation and not look at the why. Jesus said just a few verses earlier to his disciples that he was born blind God’s might could be displayed in him. When situations arise in our lives good or bad, are we missing something in the who, what, why, and how of seeking? I feel like we spend more time looking at the who and what of the situation instead of looking at how can God use this to point to him. Sometimes we do need to understand the why of situations. Sometimes we are being attacked, sometimes there is an unconfessed sin in our life, and still, others may be God wanting us to point to him.  We need to remember to always point to God no matter the situation good or bad. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

 

Prayer: Lord you are worthy, your majesty renders me speechless and unable to proclaim your glory. Your presence overwhelms me and fills me with your love and mercy. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us, I thank you for the opportunities to to point to you and share your love and your might to the world. I ask then you help me to walk out those opportunities that this world may know you. I thank you that you are refining me, I ask that in that you help remove the anger and harshness in my heart and voice and show your peace and joy more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment