Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Take this from me!!!!!

Reading: Job 36 and Luke 24

 

Scripture: Job 36:15 He delivers the afflicted by their affliction and opens their ear by adversity.

 

Thoughts: So often I hear people asking for prayer to take away adversity or affliction in their lives. And usually we are looking to just have all hurts and struggles taken from us. Even Jesus prayed that in the garden the night before he was crucified, the big difference between the way we pray and the way He prayed is the “Not my will but yours.” We are asking for the removal of situations from our limited view of them and from the affliction we are in because of those situations. Here in Job, it is saying that God delivers those afflicted by affliction and our eyes are opened by adversity. Adversity and affliction are not fun but we need to be seeking God’s strength and endurance thought the situation if His will is for us to go through it. We need to seek His will be done and not ours. As a selfish person I want it my way and I need to let that go.

 

Prayer: Lord God, your ways are higher than our ways, you know the molding and refining that need to be done in our lives. I ask that you give me the strength to walk through these trial, help me to learn the thing I need to learn and grow in the places you need me to grow in. Open my eyes to see the next step that your light is showing. Help me to take the steps needed and discern those steps that will lead me from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment