Sunday, January 14, 2024

Im Growing that!

Reading: Job 15-16 and Luke 13

 

Scripture: Luke 13:7-9 And he said to the vinedresser, ‘Look, for three years now I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and I find none. Cut it down. Why should it use up the ground?’ And he answered him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and put on manure. Then if it should bear fruit next year, well and good; but if not, you can cut it down.’

 

Thoughts: As I look back over the last few years, a have to ask myself am I bearing the fruit that I should. It is easy to bear bad fruit. I know that some of my bad fruit has taken seed in my children. I am working to prune the bad and fertilize the good. Are we being productive in what God has called us to or are we being productive to the world’s perspective? Is there something in our life that God is working in us to cut out, yet we are growing it? Or is there something that we have been called to cultivate yet we have been neglecting? Together let us strive for The Way, The Truth and The Life. 

 

Prayer: Father, you are worthy of all praise, I thank you for another day to worship and praise you. I thank you for the beauty of the snow and the stillness that comes in the fresh powder. I ask you to continue to lead and guide me in your ways. Open my heart and mind to your plans and directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment