Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Right before God?

 Reading: Job 9-10 and John 10

 

Scripture: Job 9:2-3 “Truly I know that it is so: But how can a man be in the right before God? If one wished to contend with him, one could not answer him once in a thousand times.”

 

Thoughts: I know in my past I have questioned God, and been angry with Him. I also know I spent plenty of time I know best especially when I was running from God’s presence. Job brought up the question - How can a man be right before God? That we could not answer God one out of a thousand times, yet even in my lifetime I have seen more and more people walking away from God or twisting His Word to say sin is OK. The only way that we are seen as right before God is to die to ourselves, accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and seek after God working through the process of sanctification. We can stand before God and answer Him because we are covered by the blood that was shed on the cross and filled with the Holy Spirit. Let us recognize that without Jesus there is no way we can be right with or answer God.  

 

Prayer:  Father God, I fall humbly at your feet. You are the creator of all things, the gold is yours and the silver is yours. You provide all things. I thank you for the provisions and blessings that you pour out on us every day. I ask for your wisdom and direction with the property and the vehicles, for the repair or replacement in the situation we have with the vehicles. Open our ears to hear, our minds to perceive, and our eyes to see what you are doing in our lives and the steps to take and when to take them to glorify you. I place all I have in your hands and ask to be led. 

No comments:

Post a Comment