Sunday, January 21, 2024

Just Keep Swimming

Reading: Job 27-28 and Luke18

 

Scripture: Luke 18:3-5 And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’ For a while he refused, but afterward, he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.’

 

Thoughts: I have gotten far too comfortable in this instant gratification world we live in. We have credit cards that allow us to buy things before we have the money to do so. The internet allows instant access to information. When was the last time you needed to wait for something? Even in the process of finding a large truck for being able to tow and haul things for the property, we were able to look at hundreds of dealerships without leaving our couch, instead of driving to a few and settling for what I could find I was able to find a deal. But that also came after time in prayer on how were are dealing with things going on. God’s timing is not our timing, He wants to give us what we need and want but He has his timing. The widow kept coming to the judge to get help even though he said no she kept coming back. We are to be consistent and keep asking. This is not to be a throw one prayer up and walk away we are to be in constant conversation with God and seek His will and his timing. But we do need to remember that sometimes there is a no for a good reason. Listen and be content.

 

Prayer: Father God, your creation shouts your name. With every breath, we say your name and cry out to you. Your grace abounds and your mercy pours out on your children. I thank you for the work you are doing in my life. I ask that you continue to help me to continue to smooth my rough edges, become less aggressive and controlling. Help me to be the strong leader you are calling me to be. To lead with love and mercy especially in my home. I know that the ones closest to me are the ones I hurt the most. Take my hurt and help me to walk in your way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment