Monday, January 29, 2024

It wasn’t me

Reading: Job 41-42, Genesis 11, and Acts 3

 

Scripture: Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it he addressed the people: “Men of Israel, why do you wonder at this, or why do you stare at us, as though by our own power or piety we have made him walk?

 

Thoughts: The Apostles were pointing to the one who gave them authority and power to overcome. It is human nature to seek more power and authority. It is more common for men to seek power but most everyone wants to be known for something. There are those whom God gave the abilities and talents to become actors or political leaders but in that notoriety who are we pointing to? Are we puffing ourselves up saying look what I did or are we praising God for the talents and abilities that brought us to where we are today? God places in each of us the longing to grow and strengthen who we are but we need to remember and give glory to the one who gives us that power. 

 

Prayer: Father God, you give and your take, you are the power and authority by which I do all things. Your grace overwhelms me and your love overflows in me. I ask that you continue to work in me, mold me, and refine me into the man you are calling me to be. I place my life in your hands, I lay all my wants and desires at your feet and welcome your corrections.

No comments:

Post a Comment