Sunday, January 7, 2024

What do I need?

 Reading: Job 1-2 and John 6 

Scripture: Job 1:21 And he said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.”

 

Thoughts: The verse stood out to me first thing in the morning but I hadn’t gotten around to writing this until later. In the late morning, my wife was taking the kids to the bowling alley for her sister's birthday celebration, and halfway there we got the notification on low tire pressure. As I call to get what the system says the tire pressure is so I can determine how to deal with it I get this frantic I think the car is overheating. I start heading to where she parked to take a look at the car and check the codes to see what the issue is my mind is spinning on all the possibilities and dollar signs that go with those possibilities. I get to her let her take the car I drove there in and I start poking around in the broken car. I discovered there it was just the tire pressure and the car was not overheating. But in the meantime, I had to remind myself that if God takes this car away then he will provide what we need and in all situations, I need to praise God.   

 

Prayer: Father God I praise you, I lift your name above all names. I glorify your name. I thank you for all you are doing in my life, I thank you for the refining and molding you are doing. I ask that you help my heart and mind be more receptive to that molding and refining, help me to cut out the things that are not of you, and walk in your ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment