Sunday, January 21, 2024

Swordsmen and Traps

Reading: Job 32-33 and Luke 21

 

Scripture: Luke 21:33-34 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. “But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap.

 

Thoughts: Are we watching for the traps and snares of the evil one? just as Job asked to be judged on a fair scale if he was deceived because deception is a trap, we too need to seek a fair scale. We do need to remember that The Word of God is the counter to the deception that is coming our way. It is sharper than and can cut deeper than any two-edged sword. As we dive deeper into the Word every day we learn how to wield that sword. Let us learn to be master swordsmen so that we may cut down the enemy and stand firm on the promises of God.

 

Prayer: Father God, you are the Lord of all, the creator of all. Your ways are higher than our ways. I thank you for your Word I ask you to continue to write it on my heart that I may wield it as you call me to. I ask that you refine me and mold me into the warrior that you are creating in me. Help me to show your love and mercy as well as speak your truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment