Monday, January 8, 2024

Heavier than the sands of the sea.

 Reading: Job 5-6 and John 8

Scripture: Job 6:2-3 “Oh that my vexation were weighed, and all my calamity laid in the balances! For then it would be heavier than the sand of the sea; therefore my words have been rash.”

 

Thoughts: Hebrews 11 talks about the cloud of witnesses, Paul took companions with him on his journeys. When we are being weighed down and we feel that we can’t move due to the burden that has fallen on us, are we taking out the harsh rash words and tones or are we seeking those who can help shoulder those burden? Soldiers learn to relay on those men in their squad. We need to find those people around us who are willing to help us with our burdens and we help them with theirs. When seeking those to help carry your burden don’t be deceived by the sweet alluring voices telling you that your sins are ok, seek those who will call you out on your shortcoming and together build up the strongholds against the evil one who seeks to destroy the work God is doing in your life. 

 

Prayer: Author of eternity, creator of all things, I fall on my face before you. I raise my hands I worship and lay my life before you. I thank you for the work you are accomplishing in my life and those people you have brought into my life to help carry me. I ask that you help me to be the helper that they have been to me and to grow deeper in my relationship with you and walk the narrow path that leads to you. Lead me guide me and open my heart to more of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment