Sunday, January 21, 2024

Use it of loose it!!

Reading: Job 29, Luke 19, and Psalm 121

 

Scripture: Luke 19:26 I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

 

Thoughts: After the parable of the Minas, Jesus tells us that if we are not wise in our stewarding of the things given to us they will be taken away and given to another. All we have is God’s we are here to steward it, to take care of it, and to do his work with it. Not to say we are to live in poverty but when we treat what we have as not ours and that we are to take care of it until the true owner returns and the ability to take care of it will determine how much we will have to take care of later. If we can’t take care of God’s provisions in our lives today what makes us think that our provisions will grow and that we can do more for the kingdom.  

 

Prayer: Lord God, I am in awe of the work of your hands. I thank you for the opportunity to steward the things you place in my hands. I thank you for the blessings and provision you pour out on us every day. I thank you for the supply you provide. I ask for the wisdom and directions to wisely steward those things that are yours and work all things for your good as you work then for mine. Lead me and guide me in all our ways.  

No comments:

Post a Comment