Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Are you training?

Reading: Genesis 12-14 and Acts 4

 

Scripture: Genesis 14:14 When Abram heard that his kinsman had been taken captive, he led forth his trained men, born in his house, 318 of them, and went in pursuit as far as Dan.

 

Thoughts: Abram led his TRAINED men. Before a conflict happened before there was a need Abram had already trained men to fight. Are we training for the trials and fights that we are not yet in? The Bible says there will be trials in our lives. (John 16:33) When it comes to spiritual war our training will look different in comparison to the wars of the world. Our training is going to be more focused on the fruit of the spirit we are to be leaning into the Word of God and familiarizing ourselves with the Armor of God and how to use it. We need protection, but we also need to learn to use the Word of God. Dive deep into the word, seek Him with all your heart, and pray always and in every situation.

 

Prayer: Father God, you are the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega. I place my life at your feet. I thank you for the opportunity to honor you with my stewardship. I thank you for covering my needs and blessing us so that we may bless others. I ask that you help me to put on the Armor of God and take up the Sword of the Spirit so that I can in your power and authority overcome the evil one.

No comments:

Post a Comment