Monday, January 15, 2024

Thats not fair!!!!!

Reading: Job 20-21 and Luke 15

 

Scripture: Luke 15:31-32 And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours. It was fitting to celebrate and be glad, for this your brother was dead and is alive; he was lost, and is found.’

 

Thoughts: Most of the time the wayward son and his retuning get the attention in this story. The older son who stayed and worked as the younger played was understandably frustrated. Yet the father reminded the older son that even though he was celebrating the return of his lost son all that the father has belongs to the son. It is easy to relate to the older brother when we have been trying to walk with the Lord for a long time looking at the hard work we have been doing being molded and refined by God. Like the older brother yes, we are putting in the hard work, but we also have access to God’s storehouses. Not that God is giving us everything we want, but he is fulfilling the provisions that we need. Let us not be frustrated and angry when someone is celebrated and celebrate the provisions of the Lord. 

 

Prayer: Father God, you own the cattle on a thousand hills, the gold is yours and the silver is yours. I thank you that you are refining me and molding me. I ask that you continue to remove the dross of my life, remove those impurities that are not your fruit in my life. I thank you for your provision in my life and the blessings you pour out on us. Lead us and guide us in all that we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment