Friday, January 5, 2024

What father are you follwing?

 Reading: Genesis 9-10 and John 5

 

Scripture: John 5:19 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.”

 

Thoughts: I have come across many videos on the internet showing children’s reaction to getting the news that they have been adopted. The pure joy that erupts in their eyes is evident. When God first found us we found joy but have we held onto that joy and truly accepted our place as a son or daughter of God. Jesus after healing the man at the pool of Bethesda, said He only does what the Father does. Are we taking the position of sons and daughters to do the things the Father does. Jesus said in John 14:12 that we will do the things he did and greater things. Are we looking and listening to the Father so that we know what he is doing so that the can do the things He is doing? 

 

Prayer: Lord, I lay my life before you, creator of all things, owner of the cattle on a thousand hills. I thank you for your refining and your molding of my life. I run after you and seek our plans that I may find a place in it. I long to be walking in your ways. I lay my anger and lust at your feet. Help me to leave the chains that have held me down and back from your will and to walk in your ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment