Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Food for Thought

 Reading: Genesis 1 and John 1

 

Scripture: Genesis 1:30-31, And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so. And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

 

Thoughts: As we start another year, I love starting with the beginning, the creation of all things, and how God meant for it to be. Not only are we allowed to start anew, just as when we came to the Lord, but we are also allowed to look back at where we came from. In the beginning, God gave all plants and all creatures that have the breath of life in them as food. Then when establishing the nation of Israel God gave them dietary restrictions, now through Christ all foods are considered clean. As we are cleansed by the blood and starting a new year let us look back on who God created us to be and who we have been over this last year. Now let us walk in the new year striving to return to the person God created us to be. 

 

Prayer: Father God, you are worthy of all praise. Your creation cries out your design and your purpose. I ask that as we start this new year help to cast out the old man that seeks himself and fill me with your love and your kindness. Forgive me my trespasses and help me to be changed. I thank you for all that you have done in my life, the molding and refining you have done so far, and I thank you for the continued work you are doing. I place my family in your hands, our finances, and our property. Our home and land are yours and we ask you to do with it as you will. Our vehicles are yours. May we be the stewards you have called us to be of these things that are yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment