Sunday, January 7, 2024

What do you have in your eye?

Reading: Job 3-4 and John 7 

Scripture: John 7:51-52 “Does our law judge a man without first giving him a hearing and learning what he does?” They replied, “Are you from Galilee too? Search and see that no prophet arises from Galilee.” 

 

Thoughts: As I look at this passage, I see how the modern world with cancel culture and the viral nature of social media that many people have forgotten about the law and take things into their own hands. No matter what side of political groups you are on there are always people who take it too far. Are we doing our due diligence to hear out what is being said so that we may determine God’s leading and truth? These political and religious leaders were trying to keep themselves in power, they didn’t want to hear about the miracles being done, they needed to be shown that there was something illegitimate about Him so they could squash the idea He was Messiah. They even wanted proof that no prophets have come from or have been said will come from Galilee. Are we canceling someone because they have a sin in their life that we don’t struggle with? What is the plank in your eye that you are looking around trying to pick the speck out of someone else’s eye? As we walk with God, and seek the influence of the Holy Spirit in our life we will start to hear God speaking to us. 

 

Prayer: Speak Lord for your servant is listening. I lift my eyes to the heavens and open my ears to the whispers of your great love. I raise my voice to praise you and worship you. I ask that you continue to mold and make me. I ask that the refining help me to know you more. I ask that your love fill me to overflowing that I in turn can’t help but spill your love out on others around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment