Thursday, January 25, 2024

Like breathing out and breathing in.

Reading: Job 37-38 and Acts 1

Scripture:  Acts 1:14 All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers.

Thoughts: Prayer was an integral part of Jesus’s life. Luke 22:39 says “And he came out and went, as was his custom, to the Mount of Olives, and the disciples followed him.” As was his custom – Jesus was in prayer so much seeking his father’s will and seeking closeness to his father, that he became known for being in prayer it was his custom. We are to emulate Jesus seeking that closeness and God’s will in our lives. The disciples, not just the remaining 11 but at least 120 people gathered and devoted themselves to prayer. How devoted to prayer and seeking God’s will are we? I know that I have had plenty of times where I was not praying, I was not seeking God. Let us commit to like the old Steven Curtis Chapman song Let Us Pray says “Let us pray without end and when we finish start again Like breathing out and breathing in, let us pray.”

Prayer: Father God, lead us and guide us. Open our hearts to hear you and long to be with you. I place my life before you, take my life, and use it as you will. Open my eyes to see and my ears to hear that I can follow you. Fill me with your love and mercy, continue to pass me through the refiner’s fire that I may be made pure. Mold me and make me into the vessel you need me to be so that I may overflow with your love to those around me. Help me to develop a custom of prayer and seeking you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment