Sunday, January 14, 2024

What are you intentions

Reading: Job 13-14 and John 12

 

Scripture: John 12:5 “Why was this ointment not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?”

 

Thoughts: I feel that it is all too common to look at something someone is doing to for God’s glory and think about doing it differentially. We have a tendency to seek out ways to benefit ourselves. Judas being a thief was looking to line his own pocket. We are not to judge the intentions of others, but the fruit that they bear. We never know what God’s plan for the act that someone has been called to, sure there may be something that could look more beneficial in our eyes, but we don’t know the big picture. 

 

Prayer: Father God help me to not judge the deeds of others. Help me to walk in your ways and listen to the directions in my life that I may bear your fruit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment