Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Discipline and authourity.

Reading: Job 35, Psalm 6, and Luke 23

 

Scripture: Psalm 6:8-9 Depart from me, all you workers of evil, for the Lord has heard the sound of my weeping. The Lord has heard my plea; the Lord accepts my prayer.

 

Thoughts: After listening to David cry out to God to not discipline him in His anger and ask for grace. Then here at the end of the Psalm David walks in the authority given to him by God and tells the evil one and his minions to leave. Saying God has heard him in his weeping and pleading and has accepted them. We will be disciplined by God when we have unrepented sin in our lives. Yet when we are seeking God with our entire heart He will listen to our pleas and weeping. Let us turn away from those sins in our lives and seek the Father with all we have. 

 

Prayer: Lord God, you are the maker of all things, I thank you for your discipline, the correction, and redirection in my life. You are the author of all things and I long to walk humbly with you. I thank you that you do hear me and that you answer my cries out to you. I ask that you continue to mold me and refine me every day. I ask that you help me walk in your ways and seek you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment