Tuesday, January 16, 2024

What are you wasting?

Reading: Job 22-23 Luke 16

 

Scripture: Luke 16:1-2 He also said to the disciples, “There was a rich man who had a manager, and charges were brought to him that this man was wasting his possessions. And he called him and said to him, ‘What is this that I hear about you? Turn in the account of your management, for you can no longer be manager.’

 

Thoughts: As I was reading this I started thinking about all the different things that I manage. My household and finances are the biggest things I manage. At some point my job may move into a place where I manage people and projects but am I managing what I have well? I know there are times when I can definitely say I have not. Are we managing what God has placed in our lives not just well in the eyes of the world but well in God’s eyes? I know that tithes and offerings in the world’s eyes are not good resource management yet God calls us to give. Let us seek to manage well that one day more will be given to us to manage well.  

 

Prayer: Father God, you own the cattle on a thousand hills, you created all and all things bow before you. I thank you for the opportunity to manage and steward some of what is yours. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us. I ask that you give us wisdom and discernment in managing you possessions that we can glorify you in our works. I ask for your peace and understanding as we move forward with the things we have been called to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment