Sunday, February 4, 2024

Get Going!!!

Reading: Genesis 18-19, Acts 6, and Psalm 61

 

Scripture: Genesis 19:15-16 As morning dawned, the angels urged Lot, saying, “Up! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, lest you be swept away in the punishment of the city.” But he lingered. So the men seized him and his wife and his two daughters by the hand, the Lord being merciful to him, and they brought him out and set him outside the city. 

 

Thoughts: This passage stuck out to me partly because it seems like it is pointing out the title of its blog The Breeze and the Two-by-Four. We need to listen more to the voice of God that many times comes in the form of whispers and nudges that we need to compare to the Word to discern where those whispers and nudges come from but then there are the times when God is overt and says this is the way to go. Lot was told to go in an overt way and continued to lallygag, then the angel basically said enough and picked him and his family up and dumped them on the road and said, “Get going.” Is there something in your life that you are lallygagging doing or maybe not head because you have let life get too loud?  

 

Prayer: Father God your ways I higher them our ways, you are worthy of all praise and honor. I thank you for this day and the beauty that you put into it. I thank you that you are providing for all our needs and blessing our stewardship. I thank you for the opportunity to work in your plan and grow in your likeness. I ask that you continue to mold me and guide me in all your ways. Help me to hear your whispers that there may not be a need to take out the two by four.  

No comments:

Post a Comment