Tuesday, February 13, 2024

You are very Religious.

Reading: Genesis 37-38 and Acts 17

 

Scripture: Acts 17:22-23 So Paul, standing in the midst of the Areopagus, said: “Men of Athens, I perceive that in every way you are very religious. For as I passed along and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription: ‘To the unknown god.’ What therefore you worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you.

 

Thoughts: There are so many ways to be religious. Being religious is about putting our faith in something. I believe that it takes a lot more faith to believe that billions of years ago randomly the universe sprung from nothing and our planet randomly sparked life on it that evolved into what we have today. Then to believe that an all-powerful God spoke the world and life into existence. We can be religious about money and things. Chasing after the big green god and the things it will get you. I feel like the biggest question is are we being religious about our relationship with God? Has our relationship with God become routine or just another thing we do? There have been times when I have just been going through the motions and my faith was more religious but God has spoken through that calling me back into a relationship with Him. 

 

Prayer: Father God, you are worthy of all praise. Your love pours out on us calling us to a relationship and not religion. You do not call us to a list of rules but to a relationship with a loving creator. I thank you for loving me and calling me even when I was in the throes of sin. I thank you that you are leading and guiding me. I ask that you help me to see when and if something in my life is becoming religious or leading me from you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment