Sunday, February 18, 2024

What is your plan?

Reading: Genesis 48-49 and Acts 23

 

Scripture: Genesis 48:17-18 When Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand on the head of Ephraim, it displeased him, and he took his father’s hand to move it from Ephraim’s head to Manasseh’s head. And Joseph said to his father, “Not this way, my father; since this one is the firstborn, put your right hand on his head.”

 

Thoughts: How often do we complain that it's God’s plan and not ours? Here Joseph noticed that his father was giving the younger the greater blessing and got upset. Just as Joseph didn’t know what God’s plan for his descendants would look like, we don’t know what God’s plan in our life looks like either. I started off trying to find easy ways to get famous or at least make lots of money. Today I am making more than I thought I ever would and God is blessing what we have. I would have never imagined I would be working where I do and being able to steward what the Lord sees fit to bless us with. 

 

Prayer: Father God you are greater than all things, your ways are wiser and grander than anything I could have foreseen. I thank you that you are molding me and refining me. I thank you that you give me the opportunity to steward a portion of your great wealth. You own the cattle on a thousand hills, you created all things and yet you know me. I ask that you help me to not complain that your plan is different than mine and your timing is different than mine. Lead me and guide me in your ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment