Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Should I stay or should I go now?

Reading: Exodus 8-9 and Acts28

 

Scripture: Acts 28:30-31 He lived there two whole years at his own expense, and welcomed all who came to him, proclaiming the kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness and without hindrance.

 

Thoughts: Where are we going? We all have been given a direction and a destination. I admit I don’t understand some or most of what God has told me yet I continue to walk it out the best I can. Paul was told that he was going to be bound and delivered to Caesar, yet he was held for two years before starting to go to Rome. Then in the midst of his travel, he gets stranded in Malta for three months and then spends two years living on his own dime in Rome. Are we proclaiming God’s love and His kingdom to those around us? Paul was a prisoner in Rome yet with all his oppression he was still boldly and without hindrance speaking and preaching the truth. Why are we so afraid of a little name-calling or becoming a social pariah in some circles when people's eternal souls are on the line? What are we doing at each stage of the journey that God has us on? 

 

Prayer: Father God, you are worthy of all praise, you placed the sun and the moon and the stars in the sky. You created the land and the seas with a word and filled them will all living things. You own the cattle on a thousand hills and provide all we need. I thank you for all you have done for me, I thank you for your provisions and blessings. I thank you for the opportunity to steward those blessings to share with others your generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment