Sunday, February 11, 2024

A work coming!!!

Reading: Genesis 31 and Acts 13

 

Scripture: Acts 13:41 Look, you scoffers, be astounded and perish; for I am doing a work in your days, a work that you will not believe, even if one tells it to you.

 

Thoughts: This passage, this warning given by one of the prophets of old is telling people of a work that is coming. By the time this was said the prophets had been silent for about four hundred years John was warning of works happening in his days. God is still doing works today. God’s ways are so much higher and greater than ours that we only hear and see in part. I wait in anticipation for the day when I get to see the entire picture of his plan. I thank Him for the part that I get to play be it small, minuscule, or larger than I know. Are we scoffing at the works being done around us because we don’t understand or are we seeking to bring God the glory through the works we see done?

 

Prayer: Lord God, you are doing such great work in us and in this world. You are leading and guiding us. You give us what we can handle and what we need to grow. I thank you for allowing me to be a part of your plans and that you are leading me in how to work the portion that I get to work. I thank you that you are always here with me even when I fall and need to return. I lay my life before you and ask that you help me to remove the things that lead me astray.

No comments:

Post a Comment