Sunday, February 18, 2024

Are these prayers getting to heaven?

Reading: Exodus 2-3 and Acts 25

 

Scripture: Exodus 2:23-24 During those many days the king of Egypt died, and the people of Israel groaned because of their slavery and cried out for help. Their cry for rescue from slavery came up to God. And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.

 

Thoughts: I know that there are times when I feel like my prayers and groaning can’t seem to make it past the ceiling. This was a great reminder that God hears us and remembers the promises that he made to not only us but our forefathers. We need to remember those promises made to us and write them down so that we have a record to pass on to future generations. He will not forget us. 

 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you that you remember us, you know us, you knit us together in our mother’s womb and know the hairs on our head. I thank you that you hear us, you hear our praise, you hear our dreams, you hear our groaning. I ask that you help us to know your leading and know your love so that we can walk in the faith of your overcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment