Sunday, February 18, 2024

Know the attacks.

Reading: Genesis 50, Exodus 1, Psalm 140, and Acts 24

 

Scripture: Acts 24:20-21 Or else let these men themselves say what wrongdoing they found when I stood before the council, other than this one thing that I cried out while standing among them: “It is with respect to the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial before you this day.”

 

Thoughts: When we are accused or attacked for our faith do we know what we are being accused of? Paul not only knew that the Jews were trying to have him killed and that it was because of his understanding of who the Messiah was but also how He saved the world. Yet what the accusations were about if someone could be raised from the dead. We are told that we will be hated and persecuted because of our faith and belief in Jesus. Let us walk in your ways Lord and stand firm when those attacks come. 

 

Prayer: Father God, you are worthy of all praise, you are worthy of the attacks that will come my way because I follow you. You are worthy of all honor and glory. I thank you that you saved me, that you called me out of my sinful ways. I ask that you give me the wisdom to overcome the attacks that are seeking to remove my effectiveness for your kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment