Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Can you follow directions?

Reading: Genesis 24 and Acts 9

 

Scripture: Acts 9:6 But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.

 

Thoughts: Just after encountering Jesus, Saul was given directions. Then let his companions lead him into town to wait for further instructions. I know that I struggle with both listening and waiting. How are we reacting to the directions from God? I know that when I start straying from the plan God has for me I find that is when I have diminished capacity to hear what he is saying. When we are struggling to from God I try to go back to the last thing I know I was told to do and do that, and continue to do that until I hear from Him again.

 

Prayer: Lord God you are infinitely patient with me and I thank you that you are willing to wait for me to get a clue. I thank you for your leading and guidance. I thank you for the provisions in my life that you give me the opportunity to steward. I ask that you help me to recognize when I stray and call me back to your path. Be that light to my path and the lamp to my feet.   

No comments:

Post a Comment