Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Sinning to bring about God’s plan?

Reading: Genesis 27-28 and Acts 11

 

Scripture:  Genesis 27:11-13 “But Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, “Behold, my brother Esau is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man. Perhaps my father will feel me, and I shall seem to be mocking him and bring a curse upon myself and not a blessing.” His mother said to him, “Let your curse be on me, my son; only obey my voice, and go, bring them to me.”

 

Thoughts: Jacob being fearful of the curse that could come down upon him from his father brings up the big difference between him and his brother. Yet his mother told him to continue with the plan. Yes, there was a prophecy in Genesis 25:23 that said there were two nations in her womb and the older would serve the younger and this was her way of making that happen after Jacob had already bought this brother's birthright for a bowl of soup. Not sure if this was God’s plan to divide this family, but I doubt that God would have required sin but sometimes he works his plan despite sin. Are we taking part in a sin or complicit in a sin trying to bring about something we think we heard God say? 

 

Prayer: Lord God, your ways are higher than my ways, you know the path that will lead to your glory in our lives. I ask that you help me to see that path and walk in your way. I lay my pride and my arrogance at your feed and pray that I am not leading anyone into sin and that we seek your ways and your plan for our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment