Sunday, February 18, 2024

Who do you belong to?

Reading: Genesis 46-47 and Acts 22

 

Scripture: Genesis 46:27 And the sons of Joseph, who were born to him in Egypt, were two. All the persons of the house of Jacob who came into Egypt were seventy.

 

Thoughts: As I was reading all the names and lineage of Jacob I noticed that there were grandkids that were counted as his descendants when normally I read these passages they just refer to the son. I felt when reading this passage reminded me of how we’re adopted into God’s family through Jesus’ sacrifice. We have become God’s children just as some of Jacob’s grandchildren were claimed as his own. Are we walking in the authority that is given to us through our adoption? Know who you are and what authority you walk in it.

 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you for sending your son to bridge the divide my sin could not traverse. Thank you for adopting me and washing my sins clean. I was like filthy rags and you have washed me white as snow. I stand in awe of you and that you could love and call someone like me. I long to stand at your feet and worship. I ask that you help me to remember who you say I am and not listen to the world and the arrows the evil one throws our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment