Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Melting souls and False ways.

Reading: Exodus 20, Psalm 119:1-48, and Romans 6 

 

Scripture: Psalm 119:28-29 My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word! Put false ways far from me and graciously teach me your law!

 

Thoughts: This passage spoke to me this morning, as I struggle with sin in my life and the sorrow I feel for what that sin does to the ones I love. I know that I have hurt them with my anger and the lack of control that I can have. Like this psalmist was writing we need to be strengthened by the Word of God. Through Christ, we have had our sins separated from us as far as the East is from the West. We have been washed clean. Yet, we still need the Word of God to speak to us and through us. Holy Spirit will help us to see the living Word of God as we continually dive into it and diligently seek Him. As we seek our eyes will be opened to new things or speak differently because of our stage in life. Seek and ask for clarity that we may be taught. 

 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you that you sent your Son, that he bought me out of the slivery I had to sin. I thank you for the molding and refining you are working on in my life. I ask for help to continue to move away from evil and anger. I ask that you open my eyes to the revelations you have for me in your Word. Lead me in putting the false ways behind me and walking in your ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment