Saturday, March 2, 2024

He is right there!!!

Reading: Exodus 21 Psalm 119:49-96, and Romans 7

 

Scripture: Romans 7:21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.

 

Thoughts: Most Christians are familiar with what Paul said just a few verses earlier, I do the things I do not want to do and do not do the things I want to do. But what stood out was verse 21, when we are seeking God and walking on His path for our life, we are seeking to do right. Paul says it and it has been my experience that yes evil is right there not trying to get in on that good but trying to distract us. The evil one has one goal to take as many souls as he can into the pit with him. As followers of Christ, he has lost us so now he trying to make us and our witness less effective. Evil is at hand to tempt and strive to get our eyes off God and convince us that the good things are what we need when God is calling us to the best things. Don’t let the evil one convince you that you will be ok just a little to the left or right.

 

Prayer: Father God, you are faithful in all your promises. You are worthy of all praise and honor. You call us to walk with you and seek the best. You long to bless us with all you have, you grant us access to your storehouses that we may not lack. I thank you for the opportunity to steward my family and the resources that you have placed in my hands. I ask that you help me to keep my eyes on you so that I may steward them well. Help me to be the leader and provider that you called me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment