Sunday, March 10, 2024

Purposefull Men

Reading: Exodus 34-35 and Romans 15

 

Scripture: Exodus 34:23 Three times in the year shall all your males appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel.

 

Thoughts:  I have been a part of several churches, the women’s ministries and the kids' ministries are flourishing and the men’s seem to be an afterthought. Worship was more focused on feelings in keys that were hard for men to sing in. Seeing churches that have done men's ministry well and ones that don’t it was interesting to have this passage stick out to me. Here in the early days of the process of becoming the nation of Israel God is saying to make a point and be purposeful in setting time aside to worship and be with God. God was calling the men of Israel to come together at the Tabernacle and later the temple 3 times a year. Depending on where they were and where the tabernacle was could be a several days walk. Not only was the purpose to worship and make the trip. We need to be intentional when it comes to men. We (men) need the camaraderie of other men, we need a purpose and a direction. Without those and if the church is only catering to the women and children the more the men will fall away and more the church will look like the world. 

 

Prayer: Father God, you knew me before you knit me together in my mother's womb. You called me from the beginning, and you call me still. You are the wonderful councilor; you lead me to green pastures. I thank you for the work you are doing in me, the blessings you are pouring out on us, and the calling you have on our lives. I ask that you help us men seek each other, so that we may grow and be the light and leaders you have called us to be. Help us to find our fellow warriors so that we can come together in the foxholes of this war and know that I don’t have to worry about any of them falling behind because we will all lift up those who are struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment