Monday, March 4, 2024

Taking stock.

Reading: Exodus 28-29 and Romans 12 

 

Scripture: Romans 12:11-12 Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

 

Thoughts: After pulling this out of my reading, and now finally getting around to rereading this passage this is a great calling out to us lazy and stagnant Christians. What do we have zeal for? Are we putting all our strength and energy into the calling we have in our lives? There are times where I feel my spirit is fervent but others where I feel that I have let the vigor go and it has become lethargic. Are we being patient in tribulations? When troubles come are we already prepared with the Word of God in our hearts and minds? Can we rest in His authority as the storms rage around us? Are we always in prayer? Let us reflect on who we are. Remember who God says we are and who He is calling us to be. Grow in your calling. 

 

Prayer: Father God, you are the King of kings and the Lord of lords, there is nothing that was made without you. Your creation cries out your glory and points to your creativity. I thank you that we are made in your image. I ask your forgiveness for the times that I don’t reflect your image as well as I should. I lay my life at your feet, I lay my family and my home at your feet and ask for your wisdom in stewarding them. I ask that you continue to mold me and refine me into the man you call me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment