Sunday, February 18, 2024

Why are we chosen for the job?

Reading: Genesis 41 and Acts 19

 

Scripture: Genesis 41:38 And Pharaoh said to his servants, “Can we find a man like this, in whom is the Spirit of God?”

 

Thoughts: How often do we look at our skills and think about how we got ourselves somewhere? Sure we have the skills and abilities that God has given us, but are we willing to let God take us where he wants to take us? Seeking God and his plan and being willing to go where He is taking us allows Him to fill us with his spirit and abilities beyond our capabilities. Let us be filled and empowered by Holy Spirit so that we can be like Joseph and be chosen because we are filled with the spirit of God of just the skills we have on our own. 

 

Prayer: Lord God you are worthy of all I have to give. I lay all I am and all I have at your feet. I thank you that you are working in my life. I thank you for the molding and refining you are doing in me, continue to remove the parts of me that are not honoring to you, and help me to grow in your love and grace. I ask that you fill me and grow me so that I may be a man who is called up because of you in my life and not for my own skill.  

No comments:

Post a Comment