Sunday, February 11, 2024

Fortune and Golory.

Reading: Genesis 32-33 and Acts 14

 

Scripture: Acts 14:15 Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men, of like nature with you, and we bring you good news, that you should turn from these vain things to a living God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them.

 

Thoughts: Fame and notoriety are alluring to almost everyone. We want wealth and prosperity with as little effort as possible. As Paul and Barnabas shared the good news they were allowed to take the fame and wealth that these people were trying to put on them. They took the attention they were getting and pointed it back to God. We have talents and abilities that God has given us and are we using them to point to the one who gave them to us or seeking the attention that came from those gifts? 

 

Prayer: Father God you are the creator of all things, everything I am is because you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I thank you for the gifts and talents that you have placed in me. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us. I thank you for the refiner’s fire that brings to the surface the dross that needs to be removed and purifies me so that I may reflect your glory. Open my eyes and ears to your leading and your directions so that I may walk the narrow path.

No comments:

Post a Comment