Monday, February 12, 2024

Where is your home?

Reading: Genesis 36 and Acts 16

 

Scripture: Acts 16:36-37 And the jailer reported these words to Paul, saying, “The magistrates have sent to let you go. Therefore come out now and go in peace.” But Paul said to them, “They have beaten us publicly, uncondemned, men who are Roman citizens, and have thrown us into prison; and do they now throw us out secretly? No! Let them come themselves and take us out.”

 

Thoughts: Paul a Roman citizen had certain rights, being that he brought up that they were beaten and had not been condemned means that his accusers were in the wrong, but I believe their lives were on the line as well if he pressed for retribution. We have been adopted into God’s family and been given citizenship to Heaven. We will be attacked for what we believe, depending on where we live, and what those around us believe will determine what kind of attacks they are. Remember where our home is and with whose authority we have. 

 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you for adopting us, for bringing us into your family. I thank you that you are working in me, that you are refining me using the refiner’s fire to remove portions of me that do not glorify you. I ask that you help me to walk in your authority and lead with your power.

No comments:

Post a Comment