Sunday, February 25, 2024

What is leading?

Reading: Exodus 12-13 and Romans 2

 

Scripture: Exodus 13:21-22 And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night. The pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night did not depart from before the people.

 

Thoughts: Israel when wandering in the desert were given a cloud pillar by day and a giant torch by night to follow. Moses spoke with God, but everyone could see the presence of God. In a way, they had it easy, following because they could see when God moved. They were able to just follow behind where He led. Today we have the Holy Spirit living in us, He leads us and guides us if we listen. We need discernment to know if the leading and guiding that we are feeling is God or the deceiver. We need to check those things we sense against the Word of God, we will never be told to do anything that goes against the nature of God.  

 

Prayer: Father God, you call us into your love. You call us to follow your ways. I thank you for your Spirit that lives in me. I thank You that You do call us into fellowship with You and that You knew us before we were knit together in our mother’s womb. I ask that you help me to hear your leadings and know the way you are calling me to go. Move in me, that I may move for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment