Monday, February 5, 2024

Blessing Overflow

Reading: Genesis 20-21 and Acts 7

 

Scripture: Genesis 21:12-13 But God said to Abraham, “Be not displeased because of the boy and because of your slave woman. Whatever Sarah says to you, do as she tells you, for through Isaac shall your offspring be named. And I will make a nation of the son of the slave woman also, because he is your offspring.

 

Thoughts: How often do we divert from God’s plan and try things our way? Abraham and Sarah struggled to have kids so in those days the next best thing was to secure kids through a servant. God’s plan was still to bless Abraham and Sarah with a child. Even though Ishmael was not part of God’s redemption plan he was still blessed. Yes, we will make mistakes in our lives yet God is seeking to bless us and His blessings may spill over onto our mistakes.

 

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful. The peace and Joy you pour out on us every day. I thank you for the blessings you are pouring out on us, and the opportunities to steward these blessings. I ask you to help me to seek and trust your plan instead of following my own desires. Lead me and guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment