Sunday, February 25, 2024

Letting us run.

Reading: Exodus 10-11, Psalm 31, and Romans 1

 

Scripture: Romans 1:24-25 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

 

Thoughts: It can be so appealing to worship the creation over the creator. Especially when it comes to our flesh, food can taste wonderful and look appealing, there are people we are attracted to and the pleasures that money and power can afford us. When we allow ourselves to continually push God aside for the fleeting pleasures of this world God will not hold us captive, He gives us a choice. When we play the Sunday morning Christian routine seeking after the world's pleasures and not seeking Him, we will find ourselves being left to pursue the world. We need to seek Him and His ways and long for the refining that He longs to do in our lives. Seek Him first.

 

Prayer:  Lord God you are worthy of all my attention, you are worthy of all my praise. You are my Lord and Savior. I lay all that I am at your feet. I ask that you refine me and remove the parts of my life that do not honor you. Fill me with your love and mercy. I ask that you help me to put you first, and long to do all things for your glory. Lead me and guide me each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment