Friday, February 9, 2024

How dangerous are you?

Reading: Genesis 29-30 and Acts 12

 

Scripture:  Acts 12:2-3 and when he saw that it pleased the Jews, he proceeded to arrest Peter also. This was during the days of Unleavened Bread. And when he had seized him, he put him in prison, delivering him over to four squads of soldiers to guard him, intending after the Passover to bring him out to the people.

 

Thoughts: Peter an uneducated fisherman who walked with Jesus for three years. When he was arrested they saw him so dangerous that they put him with four squads of soldiers. A squad today is four to ten soldiers. By today's standards, he was being guarded by sixteen to forty trained soldiers. We walk around with our Christian logo t-shirts and try to be as nice as possible. We are not called to be nice, we are called to as warriors to enter the battle. We have been given the Armor of God. We need to remember to put it on. Are we going to be seen as enough of a threat to have several squads assigned to us?

 

Prayer: Lord God, you are the commander and chief, you are the creator of all things and I submit my life to you. I thank you for the opportunity to serve you and to follow the plans you have for me. I thank you for the ability to speak your name and steward a portion of all that is yours. I thank you for your provisions and the blessing that you are pouring out on us. I ask for more boldness so thatx I may be worthy of the four squads of soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment