Monday, February 12, 2024

What did he say?

Reading: Genesis 34-35 and Acts 15

 

Scripture: Acts 15:1 But some men came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.”

 

Thoughts: Here in Acts just as the Church was starting, those with a particular slant on how the church should be run show up to teach something different. Here it was you need the law and Jesus. Today there are those who doing the same thing saying we need Jesus plus something else. I also have been hearing churches affirming lifestyles that the Bible says are sinful. Churches can lean too far into traditions and customs getting off the mark and churches can go too far into accepting sins into the church. We are to call our sin in our brothers and sisters' lives so that they are not continuing to walk in sin yet we are still to call those who are in the throws of sin to come out into the love of Christ. Once in a relationship, God will call them to confess and repent.

 

Prayer: Lord God, you are worthy of all praise. Your creation shouts of your glory. I thank you for your Word and the truth within. I thank you for your rhema word speaking into my life. I thank you that you have given me those around me to help me when I stray. I thank you that you are working in my life to bring me closer to you and lead me on your path.  

No comments:

Post a Comment