Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Digging someone elses wells.

Reading: Genesis 25-26 and Acts 10

 

Scripture: Genesis 26:20-22 The herdsmen of Gerar quarreled with Isaac’s herdsmen, saying, “The water is ours.” So he called the name of the well Esek, because they contended with him. Then they dug another well, and they quarreled over that also, so he called its name Sitnah. And he moved from there and dug another well, and they did not quarrel over it. So he called its name Rehoboth, saying, “For now the Lord has made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land.”

 

Thoughts: God has a plan, a place, and a blessing that He wants to bestow upon us, yet I know that my impatience and stubbornness have delayed some of these blessings. Isaac’s herdsmen dug two wells that they just gave to other herdsmen. Instead of fighting over who gets the water, they showed God’s love by just going a digging another. After all the work of digging three wells, they saw the blessings of space that God gave them. Is there something in your life that you are holding onto just because you put work into it? Do we have something that we need to let go of so that God can lead us to a place where we can be fruitful? 

 

Prayer: Father God you lead me to green pastures, you bring me to still waters. Your path and your plans are better than mine. I thank you for your provisions and the blessings you have for us. I thank you for the molding and refining that you are working in me and the refining yet to come. I long to walk in your ways and be the light to the world. I ask that you help me to see and hear you so that I may follow after you, walking in your ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment