Sunday, February 18, 2024

Where are your eyes cast?

Reading: Genesis 39-40 and Acts 18

 

Scripture: Genesis 39:7 And after a time his master’s wife cast her eyes on Joseph and said, “Lie with me.”

 

Thoughts: Most of the when looking at the account of Joseph and Potiphar’s wife we focus on Joseph running away from her. As I was reading, I had the thought how often are we like Potiphar’s wife, casting our eyes on someone or something? My wife and I were looking at the needs we had for a more robust towing vehicle. We talked about things and started looking at what was in our budget as I continued to look I found myself looking at new and new vehicles longing for that couple-year-old that could pull more than we will ever need with all the add-ons you could ever want. I was allowing my eyes to be cast upon those trucks. Just as easy as it was to start dreaming about these trucks that were beyond what we could get, it is easy to look at someone who is not your spouse and think that the grass is much greener than mine. 

 

Prayer: Father God you are worthy of all praise, you are greater than any other. I thank you that you are leading and guiding us. I thank you that you have given us authority over the temptations in our lives and give us a way out. I thank you for all your blessings and all that you are doing for us. I thank you for the opportunity to serve you and steward those things in our lives you have blessed us with. I ask you to open our eyes and ears to see and hear your plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment