Monday, February 5, 2024

Do you undersand what you are reading?

Reading: Genesis 22-23 and Acts 6

 

Scripture: Acts 8:30-31 So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

 

Thoughts: Every day we are inundated with all kinds of information, the internet was dubbed The Information Superhighway thirty-plus years ago and today it is wider and deeper than ever before. We are voluntarily trying to drink from a firehose. We are no longer seeking truth and wrestling with the information we have, we are taking in the hundreds of millions of videos and posts on social media and not looking at the validity of the statements being made. The Bible says to meditate on it. This mediation is not sitting with your legs crossed saying “OOMM” it is more of a picture of a cow chewing its cud. We are to chew on the Word of God and roll it over in our hearts and minds until we get the nutrients we need from it.   

 

Prayer: Father God you are worthy of our devotion, you are worthy of our praise. I thank you for your Word and the opportunity to dive into it every day. I thank you for the ability to seek you and your ways. I thank you for the blessings you are pouring out on us and ask that you help us to pour out that blessings on others. Lord lead me and guide me as I go about my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment