Saturday, January 2, 2021

Whom do you submit to?

Reading: Genesis 2-3, Luke 2, and Revelation 1

Scripture: Luke 2:51, And he went down with them and came to Nazareth and was submissive to them. And his mother treasured up all these things in her heart.

Thoughts: Are we being submissive to those who are in authority over us? Jesus at 12 years old had the desire to be in the temple learning and discussing the things of the Father. Even though our desires are one thing or another, do we blindly follow our desires or are we being submissive to whom has authority. Yes, those who have authority over us will change and sometimes may be in opposition to God, but we are still to submit. Jesus being God and man he had All Authority and would later display that authority in his miracles and teachings, but he was still under authority and he submitted to his parents and to the governing powers. The best examples of this were his going to the cross as an innocent man and then he tells the people to give to Caesar what is Caesar’s and give to God what is God’s. We need to discern if and when to disobey earthly authority to submit to God’s authority when they are in conflict. Who do you serve?

Prayer: Father God, you are higher then all things, you are the authority above all authority, your ways are higher than our ways. I lay my life before you and seek after you. I thank you for the molding and refining you are doing in my life. I thank for the authority you have given me and for those who have authority over me. I thank you for my family and those close to me. I thank you for your provision and blessings that you give us to be stewards of. I ask that you help me and give me the strength to lead where you have given me to lead and submit where you have placed authority over me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment