Wednesday, January 20, 2021

What kind of tenant are we?

Reading: Job 30-31, Luke 20, and Revelation 15

Scripture: Luke 20:16, He will come and destroy those tenants and give the vineyard to others.” When they heard this, they said, “Surely not!”

Thoughts: As I was reading the Parable of the wicked tenants first like the religious leaders I was looking at it though their lenses then I thought about todays world. The amount of greed and corruption in this world not to mention what has creeped into the Church through misguided doctrines and thought the desire for power and wealth that has created an environment much like when Jesus walked the earth. We as followers of Christ are called to share the gospel, and the world is full of wicked tenants, we are going to be beaten and sent away as we come and present the Son, one day that vineyard will be taken from those wicked tenants. Are we walking in our calling to share the gospel or are we standing back and watching? 

Prayer: Father you are the owner of all things, you have given this world to us to steward and give us what we need. I thank you that we get to steward this world. I thank you that you are in control and will raise up those you want and bring down those you want. I place myself at the lowest place and asked to be used where needed. I thank you for family and friends who point me to you and being Joy into my life. I thank you for all you have done in me and are continuing to work in me. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out on us and the church. I ask that you help us to remain good tenants and workers, sharing your love and grace to the world around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment