Saturday, January 30, 2021

10 salty people could have saved them.

Reading: Genesis 18-19, Psalm 61, Acts 6, and Matthew 1

Scripture: Genesis 18:32, Then he said, “Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak again but this once. Suppose ten are found there.” He answered, “For the sake of ten I will not destroy it.”

Thoughts: In Matthew 5:13 we are called the salt of the world and as the salt we are to flavor the world with God’s Righteousness and through the good news of Jesus Christ, preserve the world from decay and spoiling. As Abraham was speaking with the Lord they came down to if ten righteous people were found he would not destroy those cities and valley. The salt ten people would have had the preservation power to save that area. We are not to just sit in our churches and absorb whatever the preachers spew at us every week, we are to at every opportunity salt the world around us with the Gospel truth. 

Prayer: Father God, you are our source of saltiness, you give us the opportunity to spread that salt throughout our world, wherever we go we are called to spread the salt of your love. I thank you that you are placing those opportunities before us every day. I thank you for the grace and mercy you pour out on us every day. I thank you for my family and the joy and trials that come from my them. I thank you for the Molding and refining you are doing in my life. Lead me and guide me help me to be the salt you call me to be and to overcome the evil of the devil’s schemes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment