Monday, January 18, 2021

Remove the rear-view

Reading: Job 24-26, Luke 17, and Revelation 12

Scripture: Like 17:32-33, Remember Lot’s wife. Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will keep it.

Thoughts: We are created with self-preservation hardwired into us, pull your hand away from the fire to keep from getting burned, or get away from something unknow. Science calls it our fight or flight response. As Jesus talked about the way people were going to be taken up, he drops “Remember Lot’s wife.” It seems like he is making the point with what follows that if we are looking in our rear-view mirrors trying to focus on where we came from, we are going to lose that what we are longing for. When we focus on God and continue to follow and seek him no matter if it is in this life or the next what we lost will be restored to us. 

Prayer: Father, it is all yours, you are the creator and the one who raises up and brings down. You work all things for the good of those who are yours. I Thank you that you are working all things. I thank you that you are molding and refining me every day. I thank you for my family and the joy they bring. I thank you for the opportunities to steward those things you place before us. I ask that you help me to not seek after those things I once had and focus on you and where we are going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment