Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Lofty Speech

Reading: Job 15-16, Luke 13, and Revelation 8

Scripture: Job 15:2-3, Should a wise man answer with windy knowledge, and fill his belly with the east wind? Should he argue in unprofitable talk, or in words with which he can do no good?

Thoughts: As I read this my mind also went to where Paul is writing to the Corinthians about not coming to them with lofty speech. It is easy so learn big words or find ways to sound intelligent. Do the words we use build us up or are they meant to build up others and point to God. After spending may years getting an education and writing papers and such where they are looking for that, we need to remember that it is not about us but about the one who made us and calls us his own. 

Prayer: Father God, your grace abounds over us all and your love drenches us. Your creation shouts of your glory. I lay my pride and lofty speech at your feet. I thank you for your refining in my life the removal of things, I ask you heat me again and remove more. Mold me into the man you need me to be. I thank you for my family I thank you for the provisions, help me to steward them properly. I ask that you help me to continuously lay down my lofty speech and walk in your path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment